Monday, May 06, 2013

things that only happen in Australia - an occasional series

TA hit a kangaroo in the car last week on the way to Hogwarts. Luckily, he did a defensive driving course with the Army Reserves back in the day that taught him how best to hit a roo (there's precious little hope of avoiding them, unfortunately) and the car and driver survived. The roo died at the scene, I'm afraid.

We are now looking for a new radiator, front grille and headlight mount. (And, again, we got off lightly.)

So, in case you need to know, here's how to hit a kangaroo: get it midair and on the way up. Speed up, if necessary, as slowing down will not help you if the kangaroo is on the ground when the impact hits.

You will not be surprised to learn that, despite now having a license in two countries, I still refuse to drive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have your husband been drinking or is he a bad driver? I know your premiums will go up. Better still you drive.

Kezya Wulandari said...

Hi there, I was surfing the internet and I found your blog. I like the way how you have put it all together. I'll be coming back again.
Very interesting site.
Please don´t forget to visit my blog.
http://tamboenman.blogspot.com